School Health Services and School Nurses
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (CMS) is committed to student health and wellness and provides education, programs, and activities that help improve the quality of life for students attending our schools. CMS provides health care services throughout the district, delivered by registered nurses and licensed practical nurses through a collaborative partnership with the Mecklenburg County Health Department.
School Health Services and Nursing
School Health Services promote a healthy and safe school environment. We aim to prevent health problems and injuries and ensure care for students, including: preventative services, education, first aid, emergency care, assessment, referrals, and management of acute and chronic health problems.
School Health Nurses provide a broad range of care and services for students:
- minimize or eliminate health problems that impede learning
- reduce the incidence of health-related problems to maximize the quantity of class time
- support school staff in the safe administration of medications in school
- ensure compliance with state mandates for immunizations and physical exams for school entry and attendance
- increase the school community's knowledge and behaviors in positive health, mental health, physical activity, and safety and nutrition practices
If the need arises to contact a Nursing Supervisor for a particular school, contact Monica Adamian for assistance.