ORDER STUDENT RECORDS ONLINE
Former Student Records Request Information
Per CMS policy and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), student records are only available to those who have authorization from the student or parent, guardian or responsible person, if the student is less than 18 years of age.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ORDERING TRANSCRIPTS
CMS offers a secure and convenient way to order transcripts online.
- There is a $10 fee for each order plus a $5 convenience fee for credit and debit card payments.
- There is a $40 processing fee for the request of a student's complete CMS cumulative record plus a $5 convenience fee for credit and debit card payments.
- Please allow up to four (4) weeks for processing warehouse records (Cumulative requests)
- Please allow 24-72 hours for processing electronic transcripts
- Phone and fax requests will not be accepted due to security reasons
CMS does not provide:
- Diploma replacement service
- SAT or ACT scores. Contact College Board or the test provider
All CMS subpoenas for student records should be directed or served to the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Board of Education, via certified mail, to the address below. If you would like to serve the Board via personal service, please email to schedule a date and time.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Board of Education
600 East Fourth St., 5th Floor
Charlotte, NC 28202
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM