Programs for Exceptional Children promote success for students with disabilities, their families, staff and community to achieve positive post-secondary outcomes.
Programs for Exceptional Children positively impact academic and social outcomes for students with disabilities so they can be productive citizens.
What We Do
- Provide the entire continuum of services to students with disabilities based on individual needs.
- Demonstrate commitment and dedication to ensure access to the general curriculum.
- Provide information regarding curriculum options for students with disabilities
- Implement various grants in cooperation with the University of North Carolina at Charlotte that address the Extensions of the Common Core Standards.
- Provide information about the implementation of inclusive practices as a service delivery model.
- Develop individualized student plans as determined by data collection.
- Apply research-based interventions and methodology.
- Encourage parent participation in the team process of individual program development and involvement in school-related activities.