How to access a CMS Chromebook on your home WiFi
Click here to see how to log in at home: Chromebooktakehome
- Connect to your home Wi-Fi
- Log in to the Chromebook username: StudentID@student.cms.k12.nc.us password: your Chrome password
- Once you enter the first website, you will encounter the filtering process. Type in your username: StudentID@cms.k12.nc.us (Notice student is dropped for the filter process after the @ symbol).
- Last screen of credentials type in your username: StudentID@cms.k12.nc.us password: YYYYMMDD (8 digit birthdate) Example: 2012 Aug. 01 (20120801)
Logging into Canvas on a Chromebook
- Click on the top left CMS Bookmarks
- Click Login with Google.
- Type studentid# and Go
- Type (first time logging in type YYYYMMDD).
Links to guide you through the Canvas platform.
See the video below to log into Canvas from an iPad.
CLICK the Canvas PARENT logo below for parent resources. It has information about accessing Canvas as a parent, and utilizing the app.
iPad won’t charge
Follow these steps:
- Make sure to use the power adapter and cable that came with the iPad.
- Check your charging cable and USB adapter for signs of damage, like breakage or bent prongs.* Don't use damaged accessories.
- Remove any debris from the charging port on the bottom of your iPad, then firmly plug your charging cable into your iPad.
- Let your iPad charge for a half hour.
Force a restart:
Only use an original iPad power adapter and cable.
- Hold down the button at the top right of the iPad until you see "slide to power off" and power off.
- Let your iPad charge for another half hour.
Clear the cache on the Chromebook
Clearing the cache on the Chromebook can resolve some audio issues. To clear the cache do this:
- Click on the chrome setting button called the ellipsis in the browser in the top right corner (it looks like three horizontal lines or 3 vertical dots.)
- Click on Tools or More Tools and then Clear browsing Data,
- Select Advanced
- Specify to clear information 'From the beginning of time'.
- The option 'Empty the Cache' is related to sound troubleshooting.
- Click 'Clear Browsing Data'
- Turn the chrome book off and then on again and try the sound.
Troubleshoot Camera, Mic, and Speakers on a Chromebook. Zoom Mic/ Audio
Keep Chromebook updated: Click lower right corner, settings gear, About Chrome OS lower left side, update, and restart.
- Click on the status area (bottom right corner of the screen where you see your time).
- Change the speaker volume to the desired level by adjusting the slider, left or right.
- Change your mic level by clicking on the arrow next to the volume slider.
- A window will pop up that shows input and output. Under Input, move the mic slider to your desired level.